Fauvel AV-36 and AV-361 plans

Hot Wings

I've been setting on these plans for too long without having the time or resources to finish them up the way I would have liked.
One of my motivations for obtaining the rights to the AV flying wings was to preserve the design rather than let it disappear the way too many other unique old home-built airplanes have.

My solution is to post the original plans, as they were when I got the masters from Falconar Avia, under a creative commons license for non commercial use.  Link to the web site where they can be downloaded:

https://flyingwings.guru/

The PDF files are of the raw scans.  The JPG files are high resolution conversions.  I've included CAD generated rib templates as PDF files with scales for proper printing.

Peter Ivens

Hello,

Are you located in Europe?

FYI: the links you use on your website are not always pointing to the right destination. For instance the link French museum is showing de Deutches museum.

If you want a link to a French museum : https://www.musee-aviation-angers.fr/ when I visited them in 2004 they had a flying AV36 which belongs to the now old president of the museum: christian Ravel. They also have a paper archive with construction plans on several vintage aircraft with a section about Fauvel.

If you can read French, this magazine could also be interesting: http://dedale-planeurs-anciens.fr/LIDedale/Li103.pdf see page 7. Btw the front cover is a Fauvel AV22

Best regards,

Peter

I've been setting on these plans for too long without having the time or resources to finish them up the way I would have liked.
One of my motivations for obtaining the rights to the AV flying wings was to preserve the design rather than let it disappear the way too many other unique old home-built airplanes have.

My solution is to post the original plans, as they were when I got the masters from Falconar Avia, under a creative commons license for non commercial use.  Link to the web site where they can be downloaded:

https://flyingwings.guru/

The PDF files are of the raw scans.  The JPG files are high resolution conversions.  I've included CAD generated rib templates as PDF files with scales for proper printing.

Hot Wings

No, I am in the USA.
I did discover that the link to the French museum no longer points to the French museum archives.  I'll update it soon. I don't know why the link would have changed from a year ago?
I have a copy of the French Fauvel documents.  Thanks for the link!
=============
Leon

I've been setting on these plans for too long without having the time or resources to finish them up the way I would have liked.
One of my motivations for obtaining the rights to the AV flying wings was to preserve the design rather than let it disappear the way too many other unique old home-built airplanes have.

My solution is to post the original plans, as they were when I got the masters from Falconar Avia, under a creative commons license for non commercial use.  Link to the web site where they can be downloaded:

https://flyingwings.guru/

The PDF files are of the raw scans.  The JPG files are high resolution conversions.  I've included CAD generated rib templates as PDF files with scales for proper printing.

Michael Bruck

Thank you very much for going the extra mile to preserve this beautiful design. I've admired it on the Falconar site for decades! I made a small donation and downloaded the plans. I'm past the point where I would build a full size aircraft, but the idea of a quarter-scale RC model is within the realm of possibility, or perhaps I'll just admire the beautiful draftsmanship.  Incidentally, the links on the download page appear to be crossed up, each pointing to another, but the download itself went well. Again, many thanks. ~Mike.

Hotmail

I have not had a chance to do anything with my Glider since we last talked online. Just way to busy. I’ll get setup with being able to download and make a donation. My Glider already has a S/N of CF-36-417. I’ll try to keep that S/N on the registry. My ident is still C-FIMA.

Cheers
Shawn